FREE Harassment Policy and Procedures Review
Comply with Harassment Policy, Notice, and Posting Requirements
Schedule Free Consult
Table of Contents
Why conduct a FREE Harassment Policy and Procedures Review?
To comply with federal guidelines and state laws, employers must go beyond merely providing employees sexual harassment training. They must also ensure that they maintain compliant:
- anti-harassment policies
- periodic written notices to employees
- postings in the workplace
Are we currently complying with harassment policy, notice, and posting requirements?
Given that Clear Law Institute serves more than 1,000 clients around the country, Clear Law’s Compliance Advisory Team regularly reviews anti-harassment policies from employers of all sizes. All too often, these policies are not fully compliant with EEOC guidelines and state laws that require specific content be included.
While employer policies often are compliant when first created, they frequently become outdated as court decisions and state laws change the required content. For example, a growing number of states have enacted laws mandating very specific harassment policy content. The required content differs markedly by state, posing a difficult challenge for multi-state employers to maintain up-to-date policies.
Clear Law has also found that employers are often unaware of harassment-related notice and posting requirements, which vary by state and change periodically. As a result, many employers are unknowingly failing to comply with these state laws.
Unfortunately, many employers only learn about their non-compliance with harassment policy, notice, and posting requirements when they face a harassment lawsuit or a state fair employment agency citation.
How does the FREE Harassment Policy and Procedures Review work?
Clear Law’s Compliance Advisory Team will help you ensure that your policies, notices, and postings are compliant. The process works like this:
You provide us:
- Information about your organization, including:
- a list of states where you have employees working (including from home)
- your industry
- number of employees
We provide you a report detailing:
- Training Requirements. We detail the specific training requirements for your employees, which can vary depending on your industry and the states where your employees work.
- Written Notice and Posting Requirements. We provide you a detailed list of the mandated written notices and postings for the states where you employees work.
- Harassment Policy Requirements. We provide you a detailed list of the required elements that must be included in your policy, given the states where your employees work.
You then determine how you want to handle any necessary changes to your policy. You can make the changes yourself or retain an attorney or other professional to make the changes for you. Or, you may choose to take advantage of Clear Law’s Harassment Policy and Procedures Subscription Service, described below.
Harassment Policy and Procedures Subscription Service
With this service, Clear Law provides you:
- Compliant Harassment Prevention Policy. Our Compliance Advisory Team will provide a policy customized for your organization that is compliant with EEOC guidelines and the laws of all states where your employees work.
- Compliant Written Notices and Postings. We provide you the written notices that you must provide employees and the postings that you must display in the workplace, given the states where you operate.
- Policy, Notices, and Postings Kept Up to Date. The Clear Law Compliance Advisory team continually monitors federal and all states’ discrimination and harassment laws. If the law changes in one of the states where you have employees, we will provide you a revised policy to comply with the new requirements. We will also notify you of any new or changing written notice or posting requirements.
Cost. The cost of the Harassment Policy and Procedures and Subscription Service, which provides you up-to-date policies, notices, and postings, is $1,200 per year.
Cancellation Policy. You may cancel the service at any time. If you cancel, you may continue to use the policy, notices, and postings provided, but you will not receive any future legal updates.
Clear Law Compliance Advisory Team
Unlike many training providers that have wandered into the compliance space, Clear Law Institute is a compliance services company that relies on our internal compliance team to ensure that our training, policies and other services are kept up to date with legal changes. The following attorneys lead our team:
Michael Johnson, CEO of Clear Law Institute, is a former U.S. Department of Justice attorney who brought one of DOJ’s first “pattern or practice” sexual harassment cases. Mike has provided training and consulting on harassment prevention or investigations to organizations around the world such as the EEOC, the United Nations, and Google. He is a graduate of Duke University and Harvard Lw School.
Shannon Magill Farruk, Senior Compliance Advisor, has advised Fortune 500 companies on all aspects of employment and discrimination laws for more than a decade. Shannon previously practiced employment law at Dickstein Shapiro, Littler Mendelson, and the U.S. Department of Commerce. She is a graduate of Hamline University and University of Minnesota Law School.
Teresa Harvey Rollins, Senior Compliance Advisor, has nearly 20 years of experience representing Fortune 500 companies and other employers on a broad range of employment matters, including discrimination and harassment prevention. Tes previously practiced law as Counsel at Dickstein Shapiro and was CEO of PolicyPartner LLC, an employment compliance service provider. She is a graduate of Angelo State University and Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law.