Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Anti-Bribery Training
- Interactive, online training
- Practical guidance on how to comply with the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and other anti-bribery laws
- Users can take on computer, tablet, or phone
- We handle all tech support
Trusted by more than 1,500 employers, including:
Schedule Free Demo
Trusted by more than 15,000 employers, including:
Why Provide FCPA Training?
The U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act, and many other domestic and international laws outlaw bribery and other forms of corruption. In the past several years, companies around the world have paid hundreds of millions of dollars in fines for violating these laws. At the same time, many executives and business development professionals have spent years in prison for violating these complex laws.
In many cases, companies and their employees violate anti-bribery laws without even being aware that their actions are illegal.
Who should take FCPA training?
Anti-bribery training should be provided to all executives, sales, and marketing professionals, finance and operations professionals, and anyone else who might become involved in or become aware of bribery and other forms of corruption.
While there are laws that prohibit bribery of anyone, organizations must be especially cautious when dealing with government officials. Certain laws, such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act, prohibit bribery of foreign government officials anywhere in the world.
Organizations should train not only their employees but also any agents or third parties that might knowingly or unknowingly violate bribery laws in the course of their work.
Customization and Languages
Instead of providing generic training, employers can customize this training by including:
- An introductory audio or video message from their CEO or other senior official welcoming users to the course
- Company-specific policies on the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and other anti-corruption laws
At a modest cost, Clear Law can also modify the training to include scenarios that directly relate to the actual issues your employees may face. Using “green screen” type technology, Clear Law is able to quickly and inexpensively change actors and backgrounds to create employer-specific scenarios.
Clear Law can provide this training in multiple languages as needed.
FCPA Course Content
Using a variety of interactive scenarios and learning exercises, Clear Law’s online FCPA and Anti-Bribery Training explorers the nuances of the following topics:
What are the relevant bribery and corruption laws?
- UK Bribery Act
- Other domestic and international laws
Who is a “foreign official”?
- Learners engage in an exercise where they identify various people who could be considered foreign governmental officials, from prime ministers to public school teachers.
Prohibitions on “corrupt payments”
- What is a “corrupt payment”
- Gifts to the decision-makers or their friends or family members
- Use of 3rd-party agents to provide gifts
- Non-monetary gifts
- Paying for business and personal travel
- Gifts to charities
- What to do if competitors are offering gifts to secure business
- Contract due diligence and how to spot “red flags” of corruption
- When to seek guidance about possible bribery or corruption
- How to report concerns or allegations
- What are “facilitation payments”
- When facilitating payments may be legal to expedite “routine government action”
- FCPA vs. the UK Bribery Act’s treatment of facilitation payments
- Your organization’s policy on facilitation payments
- Who must approve facilitation payments
- The requirement for accurate documentation of all payments
- Difference between paying a bribe and being extorted in a crisis situation
Penalties for Violating Bribery Laws and Organization Policies
- Financial penalties, including federal civil and criminal fines
- Criminal penalties, including prison time
Policy Review Exercise
- Learners view your organization’s policy on anti-bribery and anti-corruption.
- Learners must acknowledge that they have read and understood your policy before completing the course
- Nonprofit and Education
- Health Care
“Everyone here is absolutely thrilled about working with Clear Law Institute as partners. I personally have never had an external vendor be as supportive, responsive and flexible.”
–Christine Berry, Director of Learning and Development , State of Massachusetts
“Clear Law’s content is excellent and the back-room services our Human Resources team has received from Clear Law are absolutely top-notch.”
–Dan McAllister, Vice President, People Relations & Operations, City Year, Inc.
“My experience with Clear Law Institute has been nothing but positive. I was up and running ahead of the production time I was given during my initial set up. Clear Law Institute handled registering my employees and their response rate to any updates is super quick. It is very hard to sum up how efficient the use of Clear Law has been for our company to help our over 700 employees complete their Preventing Workplace Harassment Training. The training runs itself.”
–Larry Ryan, Central Staff Services