Content of Your Employee Handbook
Our Compliance Advisory Team will work with you to ensure your handbook includes the content required by law and policies recommended as consistent with best practices.
Employer handbooks typically include the following content:
- Employer-employee relationship policies addressing issues such as at-will employment, employer commitment to equal employment opportunity, employee records, performance evaluations, and separation procedures, among others
- Workplace policies such as discrimination and harassment prevention, violence prevention, workplace safety, and workplace dress codes
- Compliance policies including but not limited to those addressing confidentiality, conflicts of interest, acceptable use of company resources, and related policies
- Work schedule and compensation policies addressing issues such as company business hours, pay periods, overtime, salary basis
- Leave and time off policies, such as paid company holidays, sick, vacation, or PTO, family and medical leave, state-required family-medical leave, pregnancy leave, or paid leave, as well as jury duty, voting, and bereavement leave