Streamlining QuickBooks and Excel Reports Part 1
September 30th, 2020, 1:00 PM to 2:40 PM ET
In this practical webinar, Excel and QuickBooks expert, David Ringstrom, CPA, shares helpful tips to help you overcome the limitations of internal reports in QuickBooks – and, subsequently, speed up your work in Excel. You will learn several techniques, including how to combine two reports into one, create an Excel pivot table from QuickBooks data, avoid the need to analyze data in Excel, and more.
You will see each technique demonstrated at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2019. You will identify differences in Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 and will receive detailed handouts. You will also receive an Excel workbook that includes the examples presented during the webinar.
You will learn:
- Why, in many cases, you should export reports intended for spreadsheet analysis to a .CSV file instead of an Excel workbook
- How to use the undocumented DATEDIF worksheet function
- How to use a wildcard character with SUMIF to summarize data based on a partial match
- How to create one-click access to memorized QuickBooks reports
- How to trace customer longevity by creating a report that shows first and last invoice dates by customer
- How to use Excel’s PivotTable feature to quickly identify anomalies within QuickBooks data
- How to bypass filter drop-down lists by filtering based on cell contents with a single keystroke or mouse click
- QuickBooks techniques that may help you avoid the need to analyze data in Excel
- How to make minor changes within QuickBooks that can result in less manual effort in Excel
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the setting that enables certain browsers to launch Excel files exported from QuickBooks Online and other sources
- Recall the keyboard shortcut that enables you to delete one or more rows or columns that you’ve selected
- Summarize QuickBooks data by way of Excel pivot tables
To register for just Part 1 of this webinar, please click here.
Streamlining QuickBooks and Excel Reports Part 2
October 1st, 2020, 1:00 PM to 2:40 PM ET
In Part 2 of QuickBooks/Excel Reports, Excel and QuickBooks expert, David Ringstrom, CPA, explains additional ways you can analyze data from QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. Among many other topics, you will learn how to flatten multiple-column reports back into a list format for further analysis, how Excel 2016 (and later) users can visually present a summary profit and loss report in chart-form by way of Waterfall charts, how users of Excel 2013 (and later) can implement the Bing Maps add-in to transform summary data into interactive maps, and how users of earlier versions of Excel can clean up their QuickBooks reports.
You will see each technique demonstrated at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2019. You will identify differences in Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010, and will receive detailed handouts. You will also receive an Excel workbook that includes the examples presented during the webinar.
You will learn how to:
- Use Text to Columns in all versions of Excel to separate a tiered QuickBooks chart of accounts into columns
- Utilize the Timeline feature in Excel 2013 (and later) to filter pivot tables based on date ranges
- Flatten the Profit & Loss by Class report to unlock the data for analysis by way of pivot tables, filtering, and other tools in Excel
- Map sales by city in Excel 2013 (and later) with Bing Maps
- Illustrate financial statements with the Waterfall chart in Excel 2016 (and later)
- Use Slicers in Excel 2013 (and later) to filter data within reports exported to Excel from QuickBooks
- Streamline the process of building Waterfall charts from QuickBooks Online Profit & Loss reports by way of the SUMIF function
- Streamline filtering of lists in Excel 2013 (and later) by using the Slicer feature with tables
- Filter transactions from QuickBooks reports by date in any version of Excel
- Export customer contact lists from QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Recall the keystroke that enables you to select two or more non-adjacent items from a Slicer
- Identify which versions of Excel offer the Timeline feature
- Determine which versions of Excel offer the Bing Maps feature, and how to use it
To register for just Part 2 of this webinar, please click here.
Suggested Audience: Practitioners who wish to learn more about creating and combining Excel reports from QuickBooks data.
Program Prerequisites: None. Experience with QuickBooks and Excel Recommended
Advance Preparation: None
NASBA Field of Study: Computer Software & Applications (2 hours each)
Program Level: Intermediate
Credit Type: Group-Internet Based for the Live Program. [If you attend the program on-demand (after the live date), you will receive Self-Study credit. Please note that to receive Self-Study credit you will need to complete a final exam after viewing the webinar.]
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
You will receive credit for each session that you attend.
|Credit||Value||Field of Study||Format|
|CPE||2||Computer Software & Applications||On-Demand/Recording|
Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please see the tab above on our Money-Back Guarantee or contact us at 703-372-0550.
CPE Credit - Maximum Credit Hours: Please see above. You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Fields of Study: Please see above. Teaching Method: Lecture. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state’s regulatory board.
Clear Law Institute has registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE Sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE Program.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is simply a seminar that you attend online. You either watch a live video feed of the speaker or listen to the speaker through your computer, tablet or phone’s audio. You see the speaker’s slides, videos, and other presentation materials on your screen.
Can I ask questions during the webinar?
Yes. During the live webinar, you may submit questions and comments and the speaker will respond verbally. For a recorded webinar, your questions will be emailed to the speaker. You will typically receive a response from the speaker within two business days.
Can I attend using a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You may attend a webinar using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
If I can’t attend a webinar live, can I view the recording later?
Yes. Shortly after each live program ends, we send all webinar registrants a link to the webinar recording. You can view the recording as many times as you like after the live webinar for up to 12 months.
What is an on-demand webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a previously recorded webinar that you may view at any time after your purchase for up to 12 months.
Can I stop a recorded webinar and start it later at the same point?
You can stop a recording and later log back in and navigate to any point in the webinar. The system will not force you to view the entire recording from start to finish.
Can I listen to recorded webinars on a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You will be able to listen to any of our on-demand webinars on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Do the webinars qualify for Continuing Education Credit?
Almost all of our webinars are approved for continuing education credit, including CLE (in all states), CCB, CPE, HRCI, IRS and SHRM credit. Unlike many providers, we don’t charge you any additional fee to process your credit. If you have specific questions, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Can I still receive Continuing Education Credits if I view the webinar recording instead of the live presentation?
In most cases, the answer is yes. Recorded webinars are not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AR, KS, MS, NE, and RI. In all other jurisdictions, recorded programs are eligible for credit. In addition, CPE credit is not available for recorded webinars. Please note that recorded webinars are only eligible for a certain period of time based on the jurisdiction. To ask about your specific type of Continuing Education Credit or the requirements in your jurisdiction, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after the course?
Yes. A certificate of completion will automatically be uploaded to your Clear Law Institute account after completing the live or on-demand webinar.
Do I need to be a member to receive a certificate of completion?
No. An account will automatically be created for you when registering for a webinar. You will then be able to access your certificate of completion after completing a webinar.
How do I determine my states’s CLE requirements.
Please find your state listed here with instructions for calculating the number of credits in your state.
How will I submit my attendance to receive CLE credit in my state?
Please find your state listed here with instructions for confirming your CLE attendance.
How does the money-back guarantee work?
Clear Law Institute stands behind all of its courses with a no-risk, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the quality of a webinar, we will fully refund your money—no questions asked. If you purchase an annual all-access membership, you can cancel within 14 days for a full refund.
100% of attendees recommend this webinar
5 out of 5 stars
from 1 customer reviews
5 out of 5
Great Job. Well presented.