In today’s world, many assignments once performed by specialists are assigned to Human Resource professionals as ‘projects’ or ‘other duties, as assigned.’ Usually, major decisions regarding these ‘projects’ are outside the control of the HR professional. Few HR professionals receive training to manage projects efficiently and effectively. The ‘project’ is added to an already full schedule, major decisions have been made elsewhere, and you have no ‘team’ to carry out the work. You will learn how to adopt and adapt simple yet powerful project management approaches that will help you succeed as an HR Professional.
Topics you will explore:
- What kind of projects do HR manage?
- What are your strengths and challenges associated with managing projects?
- What are project success factors and pitfalls?
- Define project business problem
- Communicate and work with project stakeholders
- Create a “virtual” team when you are a team of one
- What are project requirements, scope, constraints, and assumptions?
- Create a work breakdown structure, project plan, and logic diagram
- Manage the critical path and track progress
- Define project risks, track risks, and execute contingency plans
- Develop a role and responsibility plan
- Report actual results for goals, schedule, and budget
- Conduct project reviews and milestone meetings effectively
- Capture best practices and apply lessons learned for continuous improvement
In this practical webinar, you will learn to:
- Plan, execute, and manage projects to get desired results on time and on budget
- Prevent scope creep and put effort into solving the problem
- Define potential risks and contingency plans
- Use simple tools to manage projects of any size
- Provide stakeholders with the results they expect.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Articulate the crucial “business problem” you will solve
- Throw out your “to-do” list and organize tasks easily into logical plans
- Manage your project “team” of critical stakeholders
- Effectively track progress and get back on track quickly when things slip
- Demonstrate successful project completion
- Apply lessons learned to the next project.
Advantage Leadership, Inc.
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, PhD, and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders around the world who want engaged employees to increase bottom-line results and delight customers through strategic planning, culture change, and team development. Rebecca has contributed to organizational success as a project manager, manager, and executive. As a consultant she uses her proven ability to mentor leaders through major change, working with them to craft customized, successful solutions to complex business issues in all economic sectors. She is the author of several books on strategic planning and strategic leadership, holds a PhD in organizational development, and is a Legacy Professional Member of the National Speakers Association.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is simply a seminar that you attend online. You either watch a live video feed of the speaker or listen to the speaker through your computer, tablet or phone’s audio. You see the speaker’s slides, videos, and other presentation materials on your screen.
Can I ask questions during the webinar?
Yes. During the live webinar, you may submit questions and comments and the speaker will respond verbally. For a recorded webinar, your questions will be emailed to the speaker. You will typically receive a response from the speaker within two business days.
Can I attend using a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You may attend a webinar using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
If I can’t attend a webinar live, can I view the recording later?
Yes. Shortly after each live program ends, we send all webinar registrants a link to the webinar recording. You can view the recording as many times as you like after the live webinar for up to 12 months.
What is an on-demand webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a previously recorded webinar that you may view at any time after your purchase for up to 12 months.
Can I stop a recorded webinar and start it later at the same point?
You can stop a recording and later log back in and navigate to any point in the webinar. The system will not force you to view the entire recording from start to finish.
Can I listen to recorded webinars on a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You will be able to listen to any of our on-demand webinars on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Do the webinars qualify for Continuing Education Credit?
Almost all of our webinars are approved for continuing education credit, including CLE (in all states), CCB, CPE, HRCI, IRS and SHRM credit. Unlike many providers, we don’t charge you any additional fee to process your credit. If you have specific questions, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Can I still receive Continuing Education Credits if I view the webinar recording instead of the live presentation?
In most cases, the answer is yes. Recorded webinars are not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AR, KS, MS, NE, and RI. In all other jurisdictions, recorded programs are eligible for credit. In addition, CPE credit is not available for recorded webinars. Please note that recorded webinars are only eligible for a certain period of time based on the jurisdiction. To ask about your specific type of Continuing Education Credit or the requirements in your jurisdiction, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after the course?
Yes. A certificate of completion will automatically be uploaded to your Clear Law Institute account after completing the live or on-demand webinar.
Do I need to be a member to receive a certificate of completion?
No. An account will automatically be created for you when registering for a webinar. You will then be able to access your certificate of completion after completing a webinar.
How do I determine my states’s CLE requirements.
Please find your state listed here with instructions for calculating the number of credits in your state.
How will I submit my attendance to receive CLE credit in my state?
Please find your state listed here with instructions for confirming your CLE attendance.
How does the money-back guarantee work?
Clear Law Institute stands behind all of its courses with a no-risk, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the quality of a webinar, we will fully refund your money—no questions asked. If you purchase an annual all-access membership, you can cancel within 14 days for a full refund.
100% of attendees recommend this webinar
4 out of 5 stars
from 1 customer reviews
4 out of 5
good information – great pace of the webinar – easy to follow presentation