Clear Law Institute’s “New Manager Bundle: Skills for Success” course includes 5 of our most popular webinars specially designed to help professionals improve their leadership skills. This bundle provides easy online training that will equip you with tools you can use right away. This course includes the following webinars:
Webinar 1: Strategies for a Successful Transition for the First Time Supervisor
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to become an effective supervisor and avoid common pitfalls. You’ll learn about the all-important assessment process and the factors that ensure supervisory success. Among other things, you’ll learn answers to the following questions:
- How do your relationships with peers change as a new supervisor?
- How is your new authority and behavior perceived?
- How can you use key meetings to gain the information you need to thrive as a supervisor?
- How do you assess your supervisory skills?
- How can you have the strongest relationship with your manager?
- How can you best assess your direct reports?
- What is expected of you in your new role?
- How do you fill in the gaps in your training?
- How can you use coaching and mentoring?
- What’s the difference between leadership and management skills?
- What’s the difference between supervising skilled vs. unskilled labor?
- What is technical vs. administrative support?
- How do you implement change as a new supervisor?
- How do you retain good employees?
Webinar 2: Feedback that Works: How to Constructively Evaluate and Effectively Discipline Employees
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to constructively critique and, when necessary, discipline employees. Among other things, you’ll learn about:
- Appropriate use of feedback techniques, timing and approach
- Established feedback vehicles such as progressive discipline
- Current, blended coaching techniques, including the benefits and challenges of each technique
- How to deal with senior vs. junior-level employees
- Helpful language “do’s” and “don’ts”
Webinar 3: Handling Difficult Personalities and Behaviors in the Workplace
In this practical webinar, you will gain hands-on guidance regarding how to deal with individuals who make the workplace a difficult, demanding environment for co-workers and supervisors — and, in doing so, hinder organizational productivity and effectiveness.
Webinar 4: Getting the Best from Quiet or Shy Employees
Research says that as much as 40% of individuals in the workforce demonstrate shy behavior. In this practical webinar, you will learn hands-on, practical information regarding how to work with employees whose behavior in the workplace is shy, quiet, and/or introverted. This includes how to manage and/or report to quiet, shy, or introverted employees, and how to successfully work with those who demonstrate this behavior in the workplace. You will learn a range of methods and tools for bringing forward the best from these employees or supervisors, while still respecting their individual style preferences.
Among other things, you will learn about:
- The Shy Employee
- What does it mean to be “shy?”
- What causes shyness?
- When is shyness appropriate? What are the benefits? The drawbacks?
- What industries and jobs are shy people most likely to show up in?
- What kind of behavior can you expect from shy employees?
- What effect does the person’s shyness have on you? Do you respond or react?
- What are some success strategies for dealing with shy employees?
- What are some success tips to bring shy employees’ professional best forward?
- Handling the Shy Employee
- How to give feedback
- How to use effective phrasing
- The POR Method™
- Key coaching concepts
- Listening to learn
- Additional success tips
Webinar 5: Strategies for Conducting Successful Performance Evaluations
The best performance evaluations are objective, timely, and articulate achievable goals for employees. In this webinar, you will learn strategies for executing successful performance evaluations. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Conduct effective performance reviews
- Facilitate employee motivation and performance improvement
- Provide constructive feedback and deliver “bad-news” effectively
- Describe how to guide employees to set goals for themselves
- Maintain objectivity, extract emotion and use statistical processes to deliver performance reviews
- Describe how to document, formalize, and follow-up on performance reviews
Dr. Miriam Reiss, DSS, MCC, Executive Coach and Trainer/Facilitator, helps foster optimal team and individual workplace functioning. Dr. Reiss works with a diverse range of companies and industries, from technology and finance to retail and manufacturing. She authored “The Self Esteem Experiment,” co-authored “Branding & Marketing Mastery, and is a Master Certified Coach (MCC), the International Coach Federation’s senior ranking. Reiss holds a Doctorate from Peace Theological Seminary and a Master’s Degree in Applied Psychology from the University of Santa Monica.
Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide – an organizational development firm. His clients include Microsoft, Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Sprint, American Counseling Association, Aviva Insurance, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Hospital Corporation of America, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley, Boston Scientific, US HealthCare and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. Mr. DeVany is the author of ASTD/Performance to Practice and 90 Days to a High-Performance Team. He is a graduate of Boston University.
You will receive credit for each session that you attend.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is simply a seminar that you attend online. You either watch a live video feed of the speaker or listen to the speaker through your computer, tablet or phone’s audio. You see the speaker’s slides, videos, and other presentation materials on your screen.
Can I ask questions during the webinar?
Yes. During the live webinar, you may submit questions and comments and the speaker will respond verbally. For a recorded webinar, your questions will be emailed to the speaker. You will typically receive a response from the speaker within two business days.
Can I attend using a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You may attend a webinar using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
If I can’t attend a webinar live, can I view the recording later?
Yes. Shortly after each live program ends, we send all webinar registrants a link to the webinar recording. You can view the recording as many times as you like after the live webinar for up to 12 months.
What is an on-demand webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a previously recorded webinar that you may view at any time after your purchase for up to 12 months.
Can I stop a recorded webinar and start it later at the same point?
You can stop a recording and later log back in and navigate to any point in the webinar. The system will not force you to view the entire recording from start to finish.
Can I listen to recorded webinars on a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You will be able to listen to any of our on-demand webinars on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Do the webinars qualify for Continuing Education Credit?
Almost all of our webinars are approved for continuing education credit, including CLE (in all states), CCB, CPE, HRCI, IRS and SHRM credit. Unlike many providers, we don’t charge you any additional fee to process your credit. If you have specific questions, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Can I still receive Continuing Education Credits if I view the webinar recording instead of the live presentation?
In most cases, the answer is yes. Recorded webinars are not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AR, KS, MS, NE, and RI. In all other jurisdictions, recorded programs are eligible for credit. In addition, CPE credit is not available for recorded webinars. Please note that recorded webinars are only eligible for a certain period of time based on the jurisdiction. To ask about your specific type of Continuing Education Credit or the requirements in your jurisdiction, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after the course?
Yes. A certificate of completion will automatically be uploaded to your Clear Law Institute account after completing the live or on-demand webinar.
Do I need to be a member to receive a certificate of completion?
No. An account will automatically be created for you when registering for a webinar. You will then be able to access your certificate of completion after completing a webinar.
How do I determine my states’s CLE requirements.
Please find your state listed here with instructions for calculating the number of credits in your state.
How will I submit my attendance to receive CLE credit in my state?
Please find your state listed here with instructions for confirming your CLE attendance.
How does the money-back guarantee work?
Clear Law Institute stands behind all of its courses with a no-risk, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the quality of a webinar, we will fully refund your money—no questions asked. If you purchase an annual all-access membership, you can cancel within 14 days for a full refund.
There are no reviews yet.