Waterfall calculations are used to allocate cash flow among two or more partners based upon agreed-upon return parameters.
In this practical webinar, you will learn how to assemble a waterfall calculation from scratch. Among other things, you will learn concepts such as using range names (cell address references can be used in lieu of range names if desired). You will also learn the differences between the IRR versus XIRR worksheet functions for computing investment returns and other worksheet functions including MIN, ROUND, DATE, SUMIF, and more. Extensive check figures are also incorporated into the model to ensure data integrity and ease of use in following the calculations through the tiers.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
Field of Study: Computer Software and Applications
Program Level: Intermediate
Credit Type: Group Internet-Based for the Live Program
You will learn the following:
- Summarizing the investment parameters to be incorporated into the waterfall calculation.
- Building a waterfall calculation from scratch, starting with a blank worksheet.
- Using range names to streamline formulas and bookmark key inputs within a workbook.
- Utilizing Excel’s Name Manager feature to review and manage named ranges within a workbook.
- Building a series of dates with the Fill Series command.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets by using SUMIF to look up values in a more flexible fashion than VLOOKUP.
- Building a series of self-updating dates with Excel’s DATE function.
- Saving time writing formulas by choosing named ranges with the Use In Formula command.
- Incorporating decisions into calculations with Excel’s IF function.
- Saving time by using the AutoSum formula to sum multiple columns at once with a mouse click or a keyboard shortcut.
- Computing the internal rate of return for a series of cash flows with the IRR function.
- Understanding how XIRR provides more accurate return calculations than IRR, as well as computing returns on irregular cash flow distributions when needed.
- Maximizing worksheet cells by using custom number formats to display text within cells that contain numeric values.
- Returning the smallest value from two or more amounts by way of the MIN function.
- Applying formatting to multiple locations within a worksheet by way of the Format Painter feature.
- Using Excel’s ROUND function to round numbers to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, or beyond.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the worksheet function that enables you to calculate a return for a series of cash flows distributed at irregular dates.
- Define the purpose of the MIN function.
- Recall the arguments for the IF worksheet function.
- Recall the keyboard shortcut that enables you to transfer the contents of a cell across a row of adjacent cells that you’ve selected.
- State which keyboard shortcut allows you to toggle the Bold settings for a cell or selection of text on or off.
- Recall the location of the Name Manager command within Excel’s ribbon interface.
- Recall which menu contains the Fill Series command.
- State the purpose of the Use In Formula command.
- State which keyboard shortcut displays the Format Cells dialog box.
- Recall the arguments for the MIN function.
- Identify the location of the Format Painter command within Excel’s menu structure.
- Name the arguments for the ROUND function.
- State which character signifies an absolute reference within a formula.
- Recall the character that you can use in lieu of the CONCATENATE worksheet function.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
|Credit||Value||Field of Study||Format|
Computer Software & Applications
Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please see the tab above on our Money-Back Guarantee or contact us at 703-372-0550.
CPE Credit - Maximum Credit Hours: Please see above. You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Fields of Study: Please see above. Teaching Method: Lecture. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state’s regulatory board.
Clear Law Institute has registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE Sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE Program.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is simply a seminar that you attend online. You either watch a live video feed of the speaker or listen to the speaker through your computer, tablet or phone’s audio. You see the speaker’s slides, videos, and other presentation materials on your screen.
Can I ask questions during the webinar?
Yes. During the live webinar, you may submit questions and comments and the speaker will respond verbally. For a recorded webinar, your questions will be emailed to the speaker. You will typically receive a response from the speaker within two business days.
Can I attend using a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You may attend a webinar using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
If I can’t attend a webinar live, can I view the recording later?
Yes. Shortly after each live program ends, we send all webinar registrants a link to the webinar recording. You can view the recording as many times as you like after the live webinar for up to 12 months.
What is an on-demand webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a previously recorded webinar that you may view at any time after your purchase for up to 12 months.
Can I stop a recorded webinar and start it later at the same point?
You can stop a recording and later log back in and navigate to any point in the webinar. The system will not force you to view the entire recording from start to finish.
Can I listen to recorded webinars on a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You will be able to listen to any of our on-demand webinars on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Is there a deadline to register for a webinar?
You can register for a live webinar up until the time the webinar begins.
Am I able to pay by check or through a Purchase Order?
Yes. Register normally and choose the “pay by check” option. We will then email you an invoice. You can email any Purchase Order numbers to us.
Can I view the webinar even if Clear Law Institute has not yet received my check?
If you are paying by check or using a Purchase Order, you may view the live or recorded webinar even if we have not yet received payment.
To complete the payment process, what if I need Clear Law Institute’s W-9 or vendor registration forms completed?
If you need any additional forms or information to complete the payment process, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
I have not received an email with instructions on accessing the webinar. What should I do?
Please check your spam folder as the instructions email may have ended up there. You can also access the webinar by logging into your account and clicking on “Attend Webinar.” If you still cannot locate the Event URL, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us and we will make sure you receive the instructions immediately.
Do the webinars qualify for Continuing Education Credit?
Almost all of our webinars are approved for continuing education credit, including CLE (in all states), CCB, CPE, HRCI, IRS and SHRM credit. Unlike many providers, we don’t charge you any additional fee to process your credit. If you have specific questions, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Can I still receive Continuing Education Credits if I view the webinar recording instead of the live presentation?
In most cases, the answer is yes. Recorded webinars are not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AR, KS, MS, NE, and RI. In all other jurisdictions, recorded programs are eligible for credit. In addition, CPE credit is not available for recorded webinars. Please note that recorded webinars are only eligible for a certain period of time based on the jurisdiction. To ask about your specific type of Continuing Education Credit or the requirements in your jurisdiction, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after the course?
Yes. A certificate of completion will automatically be uploaded to your Clear Law Institute account after completing the live or on-demand webinar.
Do I need to be a member to receive a certificate of completion?
No. An account will automatically be created for you when registering for a webinar. You will then be able to access your certificate of completion after completing a webinar.
How do I determine my states’s CLE requirements.
Please find your state listed here with instructions for calculating the number of credits in your state.
How will I submit my attendance to receive CLE credit in my state?
Please find your state listed here with instructions for confirming your CLE attendance.
What can I find in my Clear Law Institute account?
Your account is where you can find a list of all webinars you’ve registered for, download event materials, and download certificates after completing webinars. All of this information will be kept in your account so that you can easily track your webinar registrations and continuing education credits.
I completed a webinar, but it is still showing as incomplete in my account.
You may need to hit the verify attendance or mark as complete button next to the webinar title in your account. If hitting this button does not work, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
The materials for my upcoming webinar aren’t available to download.
Materials are available 24 hours prior to the live webinar. If it is past this time and you are unable to download the event materials, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
I downloaded my certificate of completion, but it doesn’t have my continuing education information listed on it.
You may need to update your continuing education profile. You can do this in your account under the My Profile tab. Once updated, this information will be automatically updated on your certificates.
I can’t find my account password.
You can reset your account password here. Your username will always be the email address that you used to register for the webinar.
How does the money-back guarantee work?
Clear Law Institute stands behind all of its courses with a no-risk, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the quality of a webinar, we will fully refund your money—no questions asked. If you purchase an annual all-access membership, you can cancel within 14 days for a full refund.