Harassment Prevention Policy, Notices, & Postings: FREE REVIEW and Compliance Service
Schedule Free Consult
To comply with federal guidelines and state laws, employers must ensure that all aspects of their harassment prevention program are fully compliant, including their:
anti-harassment and discrimination policies
periodic written notices to employees
As described below, at no cost, Clear Law’s Compliance Advisory Team can review your current harassment and discrimination policy and consult with you regarding the results of our review.
To help you ensure that your harassment prevention policies, notices, and workplace postings are compliant and remain compliant with ever-changing laws, Clear Law offers two options:
Compliance Toolkit — for the organization that manages its policy, notice, and posting materials in-house.
Full-Service Compliance Package — for the client who wants the Clear Law Compliance Advisory Team to develop and maintain compliant policies, notices, and postings for the organization.
Ensuring that your harassment-prevention policy materials are current and compliant presents a key challenge for many organizations. Clear Law’s Compliance Advisory Team has reviewed hundreds of anti-harassment policies adopted by small, mid-size, and large employers around the country. All too often, these materials have not been compliant with applicable state laws or consistent with EEOC guidelines.
Moreover, even when a policy is compliant when adopted, it can quickly become out-of-date because discrimination and harassment laws continually change. As such, policies that are fully compliant when adopted become non-compliant in a matter of months or even weeks in some cases.
Written Notice and Posting Requirements
More states have recently begun to require employers to distribute a myriad of discrimination and harassment-related written notices. Additionally, many states require employers to display posters to inform employees of the states’ prohibition against discrimination and harassment.
Many employers are unaware of the full scope of required harassment- and discrimination-related written notice and posting requirements, which vary by state and change periodically. As a result, organizations are at risk and, unfortunately, too often learn about requirements only when faced with a lawsuit or state agency investigation.
Clear Law's Free Anti-Harassment Policy Review
Our FREE, no-obligation harassment prevention policy review works like this:
- You provide us:
- your current harassment and discrimination prevention policy
- list of states where you have employees working (including from home)
- number of employees
- We provide you a 30-minute FREE consultation.
- We will review your policy and then meet with you to discuss the results of our review. We will also review related written notice and postings requirements with you, given the states where you operate.
For organizations that want expert assistance in updating or maintaining their harassment prevention program, Clear Law provides two levels of service as described below.
Clear Law's Harassment Prevention Compliance Services
More than 1,500 companies rely on Clear Law to provide engaging and compliant harassment prevention training. Companies also rely on Clear Law for assistance in ensuring that their policy materials are compliant as well. We offer two levels of service:
- Compliance Toolkit – for the organization that manages its policy materials in-house.
- Full-Service Compliance Package – for the client who wants the Clear Law Compliance Advisory Team to develop compliant materials for the organization and keep them updated with ever-changing laws.
Discrimination & Harassment Prevention Compliance Toolkit
Clear Law’s detailed, customized Compliance Toolkit provides organizations wishing to manage compliance in-house with tools needed to do so:
- Policy Requirements. We provide you with a toolkit customized to your organization based on your operations and the states where your employees work. Your toolkit will include a detailed description of the required policy content based on applicable state law(s), an explanation of distribution requirements, and a detailed checklist of recommended content based on EEOC guidelines for effective policies.
- Written Notice Requirements. Your customized toolkit will include a description of written notices required by applicable state laws, including required content and distribution mandates. If a state has issued a required or model version of the notice, we include links to the relevant materials.
- Workplace Posting Requirements (including for remote employees). We include direct links to the relevant required workplace postings for each applicable state, along with state-specific guidance on acceptable methods of display for remote employees, based on applicable regulations or guidance obtained from state agencies.
Purchase of Clear Law’s Compliance Toolkit includes a one-year subscription to any necessary updates. When requirements for the policies, written notices, or posters change, or a state issues modified notices or postings, we will let you know and send you an updated Toolkit containing the new information.
Harassment Prevention Full-Service Compliance Package
Clear Law will work with you to develop a set of personalized policy materials specific to your organization. More specifically, we will provide the following:
- Compliant Harassment Prevention Policy Materials. Our Compliance Advisory Team will provide a set of policy materials, customized for your organization, which are both compliant with all states’ laws in which your employees work and consistent with EEOC recommendations.
- Compliant Written Notices. We will provide you a set of required written notices, customized to your organization, with instructions on required distribution.
- Compliant Poster Display Information: We also provide you with a list of required posters, for each applicable state, along with state-specific guidance on acceptable methods of display for remote employees, based on applicable regulations or guidance obtained from state agencies.
- Harassment Prevention Compliance Reference Guide. We will provide a detailed reference guide summarizing the state-specific requirements for harassment prevention policies, written notices, poster display, and training.
This package includes consultation time with a member of Clear Law’s Compliance Advisory Team to ensure we have the information necessary to develop the appropriate set of policies and that you have an opportunity to review the proposed policy materials and request changes.
This package also includes a one-year subscription for necessary updates. When policy, written notice, or poster requirements change, or a state issues modified notices or postings, we will let you know and send you updated proposed policy materials and an updated Reference Guide containing the new information.
Clear Law Compliance Advisory Team
Unlike many training providers that have wandered into the harassment prevention training space, Clear Law Institute is a compliance services company. Our in-house team of compliance advisors has more than 60 years of experience in employment law compliance matters. The following compliance experts lead our team:
Michael Johnson, J.D., CEO of Clear Law Institute, is a former U.S. Department of Justice attorney who brought one of DOJ’s first “pattern or practice” sexual harassment cases. Mike has provided training and consulting on harassment prevention and investigations to organizations around the world, such as the EEOC, the United Nations, and Google. He is a graduate of Duke University and Harvard Law School.
Alicia Daniel, Senior Compliance Advisor, has advised on highly regulated fields in both the private and public sectors. She served clients as an associate at Foley Hoag LLP, specializing in investigation defense, healthcare law, and cannabis licensing. From there, she joined the Massachusetts Office of the State Auditor, where she advised the agency on employment and compliance matters as Deputy General Counsel. She graduated with honors from Oklahoma Baptist University and Harvard Law School.
Teresa Harvey Rollins, J.D., Senior Compliance Advisor, has nearly 20 years of experience representing Fortune 500 companies and other employers on a broad range of employment matters, including discrimination and harassment prevention. Tes previously practiced law as Counsel at Dickstein Shapiro and was CEO of PolicyPartner LLC, an employment compliance service provider. She is a graduate of Angelo State University and Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law.
Brian Rothenberg, J.D., Senior Compliance Advisor, has advised hundreds of organizations on their compliance training and other compliance needs. An attorney by training, Brian understands both the legal requirements and the other competing challenges organizations face when rolling out compliance training or services. Brian is a graduate of the University of Richmond and the Marshall-Wythe School of Law and the Mason School of Business at the College of William & Mary.