COVID-19 Training Required for All Employees in Michigan
The Governor of Michigan issued Executive Order 2020-114, which requires all employers to provide COVID-19 training for employees returning to the workplace. The Order states that “all businesses that require their employees to leave homes or residences for work must . . . provide Covid-19 training to employees that covers, at a minimum:”
- Workplace infection-control practices
- How to properly use personal protective equipment
- Steps an employee must take to notify the employer of any symptoms of COVID-19 or a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- How to report unsafe working conditions
Michigan also mandates industry-specific training, such as for retail establishments, that in addition to the above training requirements, must include:
- Appropriate cleaning procedures, including training for cashiers on cleaning between customers
- How to manage symptomatic customers upon entry or in the store
Clear Law Institute has created an interactive, self-paced online training that complies with this training requirement, and similar requirements in other states, in addition to the OSHA guidelines that apply nationwide. Clear Law Institute’s COVID-19 Safe Workplace Training is fully narrated and includes numerous interactive animations, video demonstrations, and exercises.
Clear Law Institute, which provides online compliance training for more than 1,000 employers, handles rolling out the training to your employees, tech support issues, and tracking course completions.