In this webinar, you’ll learn how to implement a variety of techniques to create spreadsheets that are interactive, accurate, and user friendly. You’ll learn how to use Excel’s Table, Text Box, Data Validation, and Go to Special features. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Create spreadsheets that are interactive, accurate, and user friendly
- Apply a variety of Excel features that will minimize spreadsheet maintenance
- Simplify data entry
- Control the data input of other users
- Use Excel’s ListBox, OptionButton, ComboForm, and CheckBox form controls
David demonstrates every technique at least twice, first on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Allow users to make multiple choices by way of the ListBox form control.
- Avoid merging cells—use the Text Box feature for paragraphs of text instead.
- Create an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature.
- Create an input rule that requires names to be entered in a last-name, first-name format.
- Discover how to enable the Developer menu in Excel 2007 and later.
- Limit users to a single choice by way of Excel’s OptionButton form control.
- Minimize ongoing spreadsheet maintenance with Excel’s Table feature.
- Specify a range of whole numbers that a user can enter in a worksheet cell.
- Streamline data entry in Excel with the CheckBox form control.
- Use Excel’s Go to Special feature to easily select form controls you wish to remove en masse.
- Use form controls to simplify data entry as well as to control the input of other users.
- Use the ComboBox form control to create a searchable drop-down list.
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2 CPE credits in the Computer Science field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.