Strategies for a Successful Transition for the First Time Supervisor
July 13th, 2017 3:00 PM to 4:15 PM ET
Can't attend live? By registering, you will be able to view the course live, view a recording at any time for 12 months, or both.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to become an effective supervisor and avoid common pitfalls. You’ll learn about the all-important assessment process and the factors that ensure supervisory success. Among other things, you’ll learn answers to the following questions:
- How do your relationships with peers change as a new supervisor?
- How is your new authority and behavior perceived?
- How can you use key meetings to gain the information you need to thrive as a supervisor?
- How do you assess your supervisory skills?
- How can you have the strongest relationship with your manager?
- How can you best assess your direct reports?
- What is expected of you in your new role?
- How do you fill in the gaps in your training?
- How can you use coaching and mentoring?
- What’s the difference between leadership and management skills?
- What’s the difference between supervising skilled vs. unskilled labor?
- What is technical vs. administrative support?
- How do you implement change as a new supervisor?
- How do you retain good employees?
About the Presenter
Dr. Miriam Reiss is a business and career coach, professional speaker, and coauthor of the book, “Branding & Marketing Mastery.” Dr. REISS regularly coaches supervisors in a variety of organizations ranging from corporations to government agencies and nonprofits. Dr. Reiss is a Master Certified Coach, the International Coach Federation’s senior coach certification. She is a graduate of Cornell and Columbia Universities. Her doctorate is from Peace Theological Seminary.