Businesses that sell digital products over the web face unique sales tax compliance burdens. In this webinar, you’ll learn the sales tax considerations for digital products. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe various digital products and the different approaches states take with respect to the taxation of each type of product.
- Explain how to determine where the sale occurs and whether a seller must comply with a particular state’s sales tax rules.
- List the issues and traps that arise during audits of companies selling digital products.
- Explain general sales and use tax technology concepts and structures
- Discuss sales tax collection responsibility for out-of-state businesses
- Explain the techniques used by auditors to identify and investigate sales tax cases
CPE & CLE Credit: Participants can earn up to 1.5 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program. Attorneys can earn CLE credits for this course.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Beginner
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org .