Provider Exclusions: Everything You Need to Know
May 9th, 2017 3:00 PM to 4:15 PM ET
Can't attend live? By registering, you will be able to view the course live, view a recording at any time for 12 months, or both.
Termination from participation in Medicare or Medicaid can be a death sentence for many health care providers. It is therefore essential to understand exclusion criteria and to know the best practices for avoiding exclusion. This webinar will provide a comprehensive overview of provider exclusions. Among other things, you will learn about the following:
- The criteria for mandatory and permissive exclusions, the process for OIG exclusion, and the impact on excluded providers.
- Best practices for identifying excluded persons or entities to avoid CMP liability.
- Current OIG enforcement trends, recent regulatory changes, and predictions for future enforcement trends.
- Self-disclosure requirements, the process for making a self-disclosure, and the benefits of self-disclosure.
- The OIG considerations for reinstatement following exclusion and the process for seeking reinstatement.
About the Presenter
Mary C. Malone is a director and a healthcare attorney at HDJN. Her practice focuses on corporate, administrative, regulatory and operational aspects of healthcare law. Ms. Malone has experience representing hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, specialty practices, clinics, home health agencies, durable medical equipment suppliers, and other healthcare providers. Ms. Malone has presented to several healthcare-related professional associations such as the Health Care Compliance Association, the American Health Lawyers Association, and the Healthcare Financial Management Association. She is a graduate of University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law.