In this webinar, you’ll learn about nexus in sales and use tax and how it affects your organization. You’ll learn how your organization acquires nexus, how you can manage it, and the relationship between nexus and drop shipments. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define nexus
- List the factors that give your organization nexus
- Recognize the relationship between nexus and sales and use taxes
- Explain why is nexus a problem for the states and describe the efforts by states and the federal government to deal with it
- Identify when advertising gives you nexus and what to do if you have nexus in a state
- Describe the connection between drop shipments and nexus and exemption certificates
- Explain why a vendor insists you have a resale certificate for a state you’re not even in
- Recognize pitfalls to avoid if you’re the vendor
- Avoid paying more taxes than necessary on what you buy
CPE and CLE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2.0 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program. The course is eligible for CLE credit for attorneys.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Beginner
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.