Managing Remote, Virtual, and Telecommuting Workers
June 13th, 2017 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET
Can't attend live? By registering, you will be able to view the course live, view a recording at any time for 12 months, or both.
An increasing number of organizations are incorporating telecommuting and other forms of virtual work into their workforce with great success and reductions in costs. Leadership of virtual teams is not the same as leadership of face-to-face, co-located teams. Leading a virtual team is more difficult; it requires a dynamic interaction between technological systems and human systems that the virtual leader has to address. This webinar will provide guidance of how to manage remote or virtual teams. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify best characteristics of virtual team or employee
- Discus tools & techniques to facilitate “working together apart” in virtual environments
- Identify the tips for effective virtual meetings
- Discuss the importance of virtual contracts
- Determine the best data security
- List the recommended elements of a virtual team contract
- Identify steps to avoid discrimination claims
- Describe wage and hour obligations
- Discuss ergonomics, health risks, and virtual workplace injuries
- Define essential competencies of leadership in virtual environment
About the Presenter
Dr. Susan Strauss is a national and international speaker, trainer, author, and consultant. Her specialty areas include management/leadership development, organization development, discrimination, and communications, Dr. Strauss trains and consults with virtual managers and teams. Her clients are from business, education, healthcare, law, and government organizations from both the public and private sector. She is the author of over 30 books, book chapters, and articles. She is a graduate of Saint Mary’s University.