Natural and man-made disasters can cause extensive damage to corporate policyholders. When such disasters do occur, the destruction can be devastating —Not only can they cause significant property damage and disruption at the location directly involved, but they can also can have an adverse effect on other locations not directly impacted by the disaster. Although the physical damage can be extensive, the interruption to the affected businesses also can be significant, including income loss to customers, suppliers, and vendors.
In this webinar, you will learn about potentially available insurance coverage for catastrophic first party and time element losses caused by natural and man-made disasters that involve significant physical property damage and interruption to business operations. Among other things, you will learn about:
- The types of coverages available for losses caused by natural disasters (such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and floods) and man-made disasters (such as explosions and fires)
- The scope of coverage for first party property, business interruption, contingent business interruption, and related time element coverages
- Key insurance coverage issues
- Exclusions, defenses and terms/conditions commonly raised by insurers to defeat or limit recovery, and
- Immediate steps to be taken in the aftermath of a catastrophic first party and time element loss to preserve your claim and maximize recovery