Health Savings Accounts: Fundamentals and Opportunities
May 11th, 2017 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET
Can't attend live? By registering, you will be able to view the course live, view a recording at any time for 12 months, or both.
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are growing in popularity and are likely to be at the heart of any successful health care reform legislation. In this webinar, you will learn the key rules governing when a HSA can be used and its tax advantages. The presentation will also explore innovative design opportunities for employer contributions to make HSAs more popular with employees. Among other things, the course will cover topics such as:
- Who is eligible to have an HSA and the types of health coverage that can and cannot be used with it
- Contribution limits including rules when spouses have different types of coverage
- Tax treatment of contributions, earnings, and distributions from HSAs
- Coordinating HSA coverage with HRAs and health FSAs
- The nondiscrimination rules for employer contributions and the design opportunities they provide
- The future of HSAs under various proposed reforms
About the Presenter
Jeff Belfiglio is partner in the Bellevue, Washington office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP. Mr. Belfiglio has over 30 years’ experience practicing in the employee benefits field. His practice covers all types of retirement plans, including those for nonprofit entities, as well as health and welfare plans, cafeteria plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation. He is a graduate of Stanford Law School.