Regardless of the size of your organization, the possibility of theft and misappropriation of assets is a very real threat. For a not-for-profit organization (“NFP”), the stakes are even higher as the reputational risk of a scandal undermines the good work of the organization and weakens its standing in the community. This webinar will discuss the findings of the ACFE Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse as it relates to NFPs. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the global statistics about fraud and its impact on the business community
- Identify the most common detection methods of occupational fraud
- Describe the characteristics of frequent fraudsters
- Recognize internal control weaknesses that contribute most to allow fraud
- Identify red flags that are often the most distinct indicators of fraud
- List the top 11 key controls that organizations can apply to prevent fraud
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 1.8 CPE credits in the Auditing field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Beginner
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.