The Form 941 is the link between your payroll records and the IRS tax records. Proper administration of this vital form is critical if you want to avoid IRS Notices and the penalties and interest that accompany them. This webinar covers the IRS Form 941 and its accompanying Form Schedule B for 2017. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what’s new for 2017 including the new qualified small business payroll tax credit
- Review all the line items of 2017 Form 941
- List key tips for completing the Schedule B—liability dates vs. deposit dates
- Describe how to balance Form 941 and Schedule B to the penny—as required by the IRS
- Identify form due dates
- Identify who should sign the Form 941
- Explain reporting third party sick pay, group term life insurance and tips correctly
- Describe how to reconcile the Forms 941 with the Forms W-2
- Explain what to do if you discover an error in deposits for the quarter when completing the Form 941
- Describe how to use the 941X form to correct the Form 941
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 1.8 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.