Auditing excel spreadsheets improves the integrity of the calculations and data in workbooks. In this webinar, you will learn techniques to verify the integrity of even the most complicated Excel workbooks using formula auditing and error-checking tools. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Learn techniques for accessing password-protected workbooks.
- Identify how to go behind the scenes in a workbook to check for worksheets that can’t be viewed or hidden from Excel’s primary user interface.
- Find and select all formulas within a worksheet with just a couple of mouse clicks.
- Use the Watch Window to easily monitor the ramifications of even minor changes to your workbooks.
- Describe how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations.
- Audit all named cells in a workbook with ease by way of the INDIRECT function in all versions of Excel and the FORMULATEXT function in Excel 2013 and later.
- Move through formulas in slow motion with the Evaluate Formula feature.
- Track down the ripple effect of errors in spreadsheets with Excel’s Trace Error command.
- Use the N function to annotate formulas within the formula bar when a cell comment won’t suffice.
- Print a list of all cell comments on a worksheet or print visible comments.
- Verify that a pivot table is actually referencing all the data you’re expecting to be summarized.
CPE Participants can earn up to 2.0 CPE credits in the Computer Software and Applications field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Experience Working with Excel Spreadsheets
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.