Crank Up Excel: Part 1
May 3rd, 2017, 1:00 PM to 2:40 PM, ET
Excel users often spend minutes or hours completing tasks that can be accomplished in a fraction of the time if they know how to use the correct features or techniques. In Part 1 of this two-part webinar series, you’ll learn how to speed up your work in Excel. You’ll use keyboard shortcuts, uncover hidden functionality with the click of your mouse, restore the “classic” print preview screen in Excel 2010 and later, use the Table feature to transform filtering tasks, eliminate duplicates from a list, and much more. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply your own custom keyboard shortcuts
- Recognize how to take advantage of hidden menus and features
- Unlock hidden functionality by double-clicking on certain aspects in Excel
- Add the hidden Form Command back to Excel 2007 and later
- Avoid disabled features by converting Excel 97–2003 files to modern workbook formats
- Create a keyboard shortcut for Excel’s Freeze Panes feature
- Use the Compatibility Checker when saving workbooks as .XLS files
- Bypass filter drop-down lists by filtering based on cell contents with a single keystroke or mouse click
- Convert .XLS workbooks to the up-to-date .XLSX format
- Describe how to quickly access folders and workbooks, regardless of whether they’re stored on your computer or on a network
- Identify techniques that automatically provide fallback positions if you need to see an earlier version of your spreadsheet
- Double-check manual inputs easily by having Excel read numbers aloud to you
- Eliminate duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks
- Recognize how much your text is being reduced as you try to squeeze more on a page
- Explain how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu and keyboard shortcuts
- Restore “classic” Print Preview functionality in Excel 2007 and later
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts
- Wrangle long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting
To register for just this part of the webinar series, please click here.
Crank Up Excel: Part 2
May 4th, 2017, 1:00 PM to 2:40 PM, ET
In Part 2 of this two-part webinar series, you’ll learn additional ways to use Excel more effectively. You’ll learn how to streamline repetitive tasks and identify additional time saving Excel features and keyboard shortcuts. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Transform dates and numbers into various formats without retyping data
- Differentiate between Enter and Edit modes
- Apply the Flash Fill feature
- Identify the Alt-E-S-V keyboard shortcut used to Paste Values
- Create your own spreadsheets from scratch or with prebuilt templates
- Sum dissimilar sections of a spreadsheet with the SUBTOTAL function
- Identify the right and wrong ways to make Excel appear on two or more monitors
- Use Excel’s Custom Views feature to make a single set of data serve multiple purposes
- Switch between Custom Views by way of a hidden drop-down list on Excel’s Quick Access Toolbar
- Simplify the Alt-E-S-V keyboard shortcut many users rely on to Paste Values
- Create a keyboard shortcut for simultaneously pasting data and column widths
- Strike through list items with a custom shortcut
- Identify the risks—and rewards—of double-clicking on the Fill Handle feature in Excel
- Streamline redundant data entry with a handy keyboard shortcut
- Insert totals into lists with a few mouse clicks by way of Excel’s SUBTOTAL function
- Identify the most efficient way to link Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- Edit PDF documents in Word 2013 and 2016 to unlock data you wish to edit in Excel
- Describe how to use the Flash Fill feature
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature
- List what steps to take if you can’t open a damaged workbook
- Use prebuilt templates to avoid creating spreadsheets from scratch
To register for just this part of the webinar series, please click here.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice, first on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
You will receive credit for each session that you attend.
|Credit||Value||Field of Study||Format|
In some CLE states, the course will be submitted to the bar after you register. If for any reason the course is not approved, we will fully refund your registration fee. If a state is listed on this course, then we are confident the course fits that state's standards and already is or will be approved for credit.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is simply a seminar that you attend online. You either watch a live video feed of the speaker or listen to the speaker through your computer, tablet or phone’s audio. You see the speaker’s slides, videos, and other presentation materials on your screen.
Can I ask questions during the webinar?
Yes. During the live webinar, you may submit questions and comments and the speaker will respond verbally. For a recorded webinar, your questions will be emailed to the speaker. You will typically receive a response from the speaker within two business days.
Can I attend using a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You may attend a webinar using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
If I can’t attend a webinar live, can I view the recording later?
Yes. Shortly after each live program ends, we send all webinar registrants a link to the webinar recording. You can view the recording as many times as you like after the live webinar for up to 12 months.
What is an on-demand webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a previously recorded webinar that you may view at any time after your purchase for up to 12 months.
Can I stop a recorded webinar and start it later at the same point?
You can stop a recording and later log back in and navigate to any point in the webinar. The system will not force you to view the entire recording from start to finish.
Can I listen to recorded webinars on a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You will be able to listen to any of our on-demand webinars on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Is there a deadline to register for a webinar?
You can register for a live webinar up until the time the webinar begins.
Am I able to pay by check or through a Purchase Order?
Yes. Register normally and choose the “pay by check” option. We will then email you an invoice. You can email any Purchase Order numbers to us.
Can I view the webinar even if Clear Law Institute has not yet received my check?
If you are paying by check or using a Purchase Order, you may view the live or recorded webinar even if we have not yet received payment.
To complete the payment process, what if I need Clear Law Institute’s W-9 or vendor registration forms completed?
If you need any additional forms or information to complete the payment process, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
I have not received an email with instructions on accessing the webinar. What should I do?
Please check your spam folder as the instructions email may have ended up there. You can also access the webinar by logging into your account and clicking on “Attend Webinar.” If you still cannot locate the Event URL, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us and we will make sure you receive the instructions immediately.
Do the webinars qualify for Continuing Education Credit?
Almost all of our webinars are approved for continuing education credit, including CLE (in all states), CCB, CPE, HRCI, IRS and SHRM credit. Unlike many providers, we don’t charge you any additional fee to process your credit. If you have specific questions, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Can I still receive Continuing Education Credits if I view the webinar recording instead of the live presentation?
In most cases, the answer is yes. Recorded webinars are not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AR, KS, MS, NE, and RI. In all other jurisdictions, recorded programs are eligible for credit. In addition, CPE credit is not available for recorded webinars. Please note that recorded webinars are only eligible for a certain period of time based on the jurisdiction. To ask about your specific type of Continuing Education Credit or the requirements in your jurisdiction, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after the course?
Yes. A certificate of completion will automatically be uploaded to your Clear Law Institute account after completing the live or on-demand webinar.
Do I need to be a member to receive a certificate of completion?
No. An account will automatically be created for you when registering for a webinar. You will then be able to access your certificate of completion after completing a webinar.
How do I determine my states’s CLE requirements.
Please find your state listed here with instructions for calculating the number of credits in your state.
How will I submit my attendance to receive CLE credit in my state?
Please find your state listed here with instructions for confirming your CLE attendance.
What can I find in my Clear Law Institute account?
Your account is where you can find a list of all webinars you’ve registered for, download event materials, and download certificates after completing webinars. All of this information will be kept in your account so that you can easily track your webinar registrations and continuing education credits.
I completed a webinar, but it is still showing as incomplete in my account.
You may need to hit the verify attendance or mark as complete button next to the webinar title in your account. If hitting this button does not work, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
The materials for my upcoming webinar aren’t available to download.
Materials are available 24 hours prior to the live webinar. If it is past this time and you are unable to download the event materials, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
I downloaded my certificate of completion, but it doesn’t have my continuing education information listed on it.
You may need to update your continuing education profile. You can do this in your account under the My Profile tab. Once updated, this information will be automatically updated on your certificates.
I can’t find my account password.
You can reset your account password here. Your username will always be the email address that you used to register for the webinar.
How does the money-back guarantee work?
Clear Law Institute stands behind all of its courses with a no-risk, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the quality of a webinar, we will fully refund your money—no questions asked. If you purchase an annual all-access membership, you can cancel within 14 days for a full refund.
Join thousands of professionals who access our hundreds of courses each year. As a member, you’ll benefit from:
- Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
- Access Everywhere on Your Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone
- Continuing Education Credit at No Additional Fee
- Convenient Access to Your Course, Course Materials, and Certificates
- Flat, annual fee
- Money-Back Guarantee
for One Price