This presentation will provide guidance on best practices for your sales and use tax systems. You’ll learn how to better manage the process, avoid traps, and minimize audit risks. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the importance of developing policies and procedures and their impact on audits
- Describe how to ensure that the vendor is charging the correct tax
- Explain why the purchasing department needs to be more involved in the sales tax process
- List the best sources of information about sales and use taxes
- Explain how to acquire sales tax systems
- Provide accounts payable processing tips
- Explain how to take advantage of reverse audits
- Describe how to ensure that you pay collected sales tax
- Identify the triggers for an audit
- Describe tips for registering and filing returns
- Describe accounting considerations for sales and use taxes
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2.0 CPE credits in the Taxes field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
CLE Credit: Attorneys can earn CLE credit for this course.
Program Level: Beginner
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.