Many Excel users rely on VLOOKUP to return data from other locations in a worksheet. But VLOOKUP isn’t always the most efficient approach. In this webinar, you’ll learn how to use alternative lookup functions, including the INDEX and MATCH, SUMIF, SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, IFNA, and OFFSET functions. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply a variety of lookup formulas in order to work more efficiently in Excel
- Recognize why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP
- Apply the SUMIF and SUMIFS functions
- Use the IFERROR function to display something other than an #N/A error value when VLOOKUP can’t find a match
- Perform dual lookups, allowing you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference data you need
- Use the MATCH function to find the position of an item on a list
- View two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time
- Perform horizontal matches with the HLOOKUP function
- Future-proof VLOOKUP by using Excel’s Table feature versus referencing static ranges
David demonstrates every technique at least twice, first on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation, as well as in his detailed handouts.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Apply a variety of lookup formulas in order to work more efficiently in Excel.
- Recognize why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP.
- Apply the SUMIF and SUMIFS functions.
- See how to view two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time.
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Use VLOOKUP to perform approximate matches.
- See how the HLOOKUP function enables you to perform horizontal matches.
- Learn how VLOOKUP stops looking after it finds an initial match within a list.
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Use the IFERROR function to display something other than an #N/A error value when VLOOKUP can’t find a match.
- See what types of user actions can trigger #REF! errors.
- Learn about the IFNA function available in Excel 2013 and later.
- Discover how to use wildcards and multiple criteria within lookup formulas.
- Future-proof VLOOKUP by using Excel’s Table feature versus referencing static ranges.
- Use the MATCH function to find the position of an item on a list.
- Perform dual lookups, which allow you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference the data you need.
- Avoid the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Make VLOOKUP look up data from the left by using the CHOOSE function.
- Learn why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP.
- Compare the MIN, SMALL, MAX, and LARGE functions.
- Use the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Use the SUMIFS function to sum values based on multiple criteria.
- Discover the array of functionality the SUMPRODUCT function offers.
CPE Credit: Participants can earn up to 2 CPE credits in the Computer Science field of study. Please note that CPE credit is only available for viewing the live program.
100% Money-Back Cancellation and Refund Policies: If you can’t make the live webinar, you may cancel at any time before the webinar begins for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with the webinar, we will provide you a full refund. For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please call us at 703-372-0550.
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Previous experience with Lookup Formulas
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Clear Law Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
|Credit||Value||Field of Study||Format|
In some CLE states, the course will be submitted to the bar after you register. If for any reason the course is not approved, we will fully refund your registration fee. If a state is listed on this course, then we are confident the course fits that state's standards and already is or will be approved for credit.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is simply a seminar that you attend online. You either watch a live video feed of the speaker or listen to the speaker through your computer, tablet or phone’s audio. You see the speaker’s slides, videos, and other presentation materials on your screen.
Can I ask questions during the webinar?
Yes. During the live webinar, you may submit questions and comments and the speaker will respond verbally. For a recorded webinar, your questions will be emailed to the speaker. You will typically receive a response from the speaker within two business days.
Can I attend using a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You may attend a webinar using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
If I can’t attend a webinar live, can I view the recording later?
Yes. Shortly after each live program ends, we send all webinar registrants a link to the webinar recording. You can view the recording as many times as you like after the live webinar for up to 12 months.
What is an on-demand webinar?
An on-demand webinar is a previously recorded webinar that you may view at any time after your purchase for up to 12 months.
Can I stop a recorded webinar and start it later at the same point?
You can stop a recording and later log back in and navigate to any point in the webinar. The system will not force you to view the entire recording from start to finish.
Can I listen to recorded webinars on a tablet or smartphone?
Yes. You will be able to listen to any of our on-demand webinars on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Is there a deadline to register for a webinar?
You can register for a live webinar up until the time the webinar begins.
Am I able to pay by check or through a Purchase Order?
Yes. Register normally and choose the “pay by check” option. We will then email you an invoice. You can email any Purchase Order numbers to us.
Can I view the webinar even if Clear Law Institute has not yet received my check?
If you are paying by check or using a Purchase Order, you may view the live or recorded webinar even if we have not yet received payment.
To complete the payment process, what if I need Clear Law Institute’s W-9 or vendor registration forms completed?
If you need any additional forms or information to complete the payment process, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
I have not received an email with instructions on accessing the webinar. What should I do?
Please check your spam folder as the instructions email may have ended up there. You can also access the webinar by logging into your account and clicking on “Attend Webinar.” If you still cannot locate the Event URL, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us and we will make sure you receive the instructions immediately.
Do the webinars qualify for Continuing Education Credit?
Almost all of our webinars are approved for continuing education credit, including CLE (in all states), CCB, CPE, HRCI, IRS and SHRM credit. Unlike many providers, we don’t charge you any additional fee to process your credit. If you have specific questions, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Can I still receive Continuing Education Credits if I view the webinar recording instead of the live presentation?
In most cases, the answer is yes. Recorded webinars are not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AR, KS, MS, NE, and RI. In all other jurisdictions, recorded programs are eligible for credit. In addition, CPE credit is not available for recorded webinars. Please note that recorded webinars are only eligible for a certain period of time based on the jurisdiction. To ask about your specific type of Continuing Education Credit or the requirements in your jurisdiction, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after the course?
Yes. A certificate of completion will automatically be uploaded to your Clear Law Institute account after completing the live or on-demand webinar.
Do I need to be a member to receive a certificate of completion?
No. An account will automatically be created for you when registering for a webinar. You will then be able to access your certificate of completion after completing a webinar.
How do I determine my states’s CLE requirements.
Please find your state listed here with instructions for calculating the number of credits in your state.
How will I submit my attendance to receive CLE credit in my state?
Please find your state listed here with instructions for confirming your CLE attendance.
What can I find in my Clear Law Institute account?
Your account is where you can find a list of all webinars you’ve registered for, download event materials, and download certificates after completing webinars. All of this information will be kept in your account so that you can easily track your webinar registrations and continuing education credits.
I completed a webinar, but it is still showing as incomplete in my account.
You may need to hit the verify attendance or mark as complete button next to the webinar title in your account. If hitting this button does not work, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
The materials for my upcoming webinar aren’t available to download.
Materials are available 24 hours prior to the live webinar. If it is past this time and you are unable to download the event materials, please call us at 703-372-0550 or contact us.
I downloaded my certificate of completion, but it doesn’t have my continuing education information listed on it.
You may need to update your continuing education profile. You can do this in your account under the My Profile tab. Once updated, this information will be automatically updated on your certificates.
I can’t find my account password.
You can reset your account password here. Your username will always be the email address that you used to register for the webinar.
How does the money-back guarantee work?
Clear Law Institute stands behind all of its courses with a no-risk, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the quality of a webinar, we will fully refund your money—no questions asked. If you purchase an annual all-access membership, you can cancel within 14 days for a full refund.
Join thousands of professionals who access our hundreds of courses each year. As a member, you’ll benefit from:
- Unlimited Live and On-Demand Courses
- Access Everywhere on Your Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone
- Continuing Education Credit at No Additional Fee
- Convenient Access to Your Course, Course Materials, and Certificates
- Flat, annual fee
- Money-Back Guarantee
for One Price